Saturday, September 13, 2014

Welcome!

Hello everybody and welcome to my cooking blog! I am so excited to be starting this, as it is long overdue. For years and years I've been cooking without recipes and/or heavily modifying recipes I do use. I love to invent and to innovate! Now it's time to share some of my creations with you! 

You'll find that all my recipes are gluten-free, and most are corn-free as well. The reason is that I, myself am mildly gluten-intolerant and many of my family members are sensitive to both gluten and corn. Although I eat dairy products, I understand that dairy sensitivities and allergies are quite common. Therefore, I will try to supply modifiers to make the recipe dairy-free, when possible. 

MYTH: Gluten-free foods (or allergy-free foods) do not taste as good as food made with gluten containing ingredients. 
FACT:Allergy-free foods are often more flavorful and have many different textures to make the food even more delicious!

Okay, so that may be a bit bias, but the way I cook is just as delicious or more delicious than food made with gluten-containing/allergy-containing ingredients! I'm not just saying that either! I spent the first 16 years of my life not knowing I was intolerant to gluten and another 5 years before I really got diligent about eating gluten-free. So, I know what "regular" food tastes like.

I hope you try out these recipes and let me know how they work for you! As I am an innovator myself, I encourage you to take some liberties with these recipes. Add something I didn't think of, change up the measurements, make it your own! You're the one who will eat it, after all. And of course, I'd love to hear how you've enjoyed the recipes. 

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment to let me know how your enjoyed your masterpiece and if you made any edits to the recipe!